All-on-4 — Idaho Falls, ID
A New Smile in a Single Day
Dental implants are designed to replace the roots of missing teeth. Does that mean, then, that you need an implant to replace each missing member of your smile? No, not necessarily. Thanks to All-on-4 in Idaho Falls, we can use as few as four dental implants to rebuild a whole arch of missing teeth. Dr. Brent Cline of Oxford Dental Care of Idaho Falls is proud to offer this innovative, streamlined treatment. Read on below to learn more about it, and give us a call when you are ready to schedule your consultation .
How Do All-on-4 Implants Work?
Dental implants are widely regarded as the best form of tooth replacement. However, in order for them to succeed, they require that a patient has adequate bone density in their jaw. During the All-on-4 treatment your implant dentist in Idaho Falls places four implants in the jawbone, two at the front and two at the back — in locations where the bone is naturally strong and thick. This reduces the risk that a patient will require a bone graft.
Immediately after the implants are in place, a temporary denture is secured on top of them. Later, the temporary prosthetic is replaced with a permanent one.
Am I a Candidate for All-on-4 Implants?
Generally speaking, candidates for All-on-4 treatment:
- Are well enough to undergo minor surgery.
- Have adequate jawbone density to support their implants. Most patients meet this criterion, even without a bone graft.
- Are free of active gum disease and other oral health conditions that might contribute to dental implant failure.
- Stick to good habits that will help their implants thrive for the long-term. For example, you should have a solid oral hygiene routine.
If you are not sure whether you qualify for dental implants in Idaho Falls, visit us anyway. Most adults with missing teeth can undergo this treatment!
What Are the Benefits of All-on-4 Implants?
Some of the top benefits of All-on-4 treatment include:
- All-on-4 dentures are permanently fixed in the mouth, so in many ways, you can treat them just like natural teeth.
- Strong chewing power. You can expect to be able to enjoy all of your favorite foods, including tough and chewy items.
- Jawbone preservation. The jawbone normally begins to deteriorate after the natural teeth are extracted. Dental implants stimulate the bone and help to keep it strong and whole.
- We carefully design All-on-4 dentures so they resemble natural teeth as closely as possible. You will be able to smile with complete confidence.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
Some differences between All-on-4 and traditional implants include:
- Treatment timeline. All-on-4 is usually faster than traditional implant treatments. You can even enjoy new teeth on the same day as your implant surgery, which is not usually possible with traditional treatments.
- Treatment process. With All-on-4, patients typically undergo just one surgery, as opposed to two or more.
- All-on-4 often costs less than full-arch tooth replacement with traditional implant methods.
- All-on-4 is exclusively for full-arch replacement, whereas traditional implants can replace any number of teeth.
- Traditional implant dentures may be slightly more secure and stable than an All-on-4 denture.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Unhappy with My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services