The Appeal of Cosmetic Crowns
We all want to have a beautiful smile than makes a good impression even before we say a word. A nice smile that you can be proud of goes a long way in boosting self confidence and appearance. Cosmetic Crowns are a good option to help accomplish a more aesthetic smile for many patients.
Cosmetic Crowns, sometimes referred to as veneers, work much like a normal crown. The main difference is that cosmetic crowns are used to change the look or the function for your teeth. Some people opt for crowns over other options if the crowns are a good solution.
Cosmetic crowns are as close as you can come to an immediate solution to many cosmetic and functional issues as you can find. However, they are not always a viable option. A dentist can provide you with a consultation to let you know if crowns are a good solution for what you are hoping to achieve. Call us today to schedule your consultation.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Crowns
As technology improves, and as more and more people opt for cosmetic crowns, the risk of the procedures decreases. Cosmetic crowns have become thinner which allows patients to keep more of their natural teeth. As you make the decision as to whether cosmetic crowns are the best option for you, here are a few things to consider:
Advantages of Crowns:
- Crowns can be made and delivered quickly. This avoids time restraints that are present with orthodontics and many other procedures.
- Crowns maintain their color very well. This means that you will not need to bleach them, and they can give you a good indicator of when it is time to bleach your other teeth.
- Crowns are durable. If your dentist does a good job with your crown, and if you take proper care of it, your crown can last for many years. Even then, if it does fall off, as long as you don’t lose it, it can usually be re-cemented.
Disadvantages of Crowns:
- Getting a crown does require a portion of the natural tooth to be removed. This is the main draw-back of a crown.
- Having a crown on a tooth can often limit the addition treatment that can be done with the tooth.
In conclusion, there is nothing to be afraid of when it comes to getting crowns. Find a good dentist like Dr. Drew here at Oxford Dental Care, and schedule a consult to talk with them about your needs. Give us a call today at (208)529-0420 with any questions you might have.