Cosmetic Dentistry You Can Trust
At Oxford Dental Care, we know that having a beautiful smile can provide an amazing amount of confidence. Studies have shown that a smile is one of the first things that people notice in someone’s appearance. Many people opt for cosmetic dentistry when they are looking to correct their smile. To learn more about why you should choose our practice for your cosmetic dentistry needs click here.
One of the major appeals of cosmetic dentistry is that it is fast and you can customize your smile the way you want. If you want your teeth whiter, cosmetics can help with that. If you want straighter teeth, cosmetics can help with that. If you are missing teeth, cosmetics can help with that. Cosmetic dentistry provides a lot of good solutions to getting your smile to where you want it to be. At Oxford Dental Care, Dr. Drew does a great job of helping his patients in Idaho Falls choose the option that is best for them to achieve their ideal smile. He always discusses the options that patients have and provides patients with the details and then allows them to choose the best option for them.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Composite or Porcelain Veneers — Veneers are thin shells designed to replace some of the enamel on your teeth. They can be shaped to eliminate gaps or other cosmetic imperfections.
- Teeth Whitening — Teeth Whitening is one of the fastest, least expensive ways to enhance the look of your smile. Professional teeth whitening can improve the look of you smile within one week.
- Porcelain Bridges — As long as you have a strong tooth on either side of a missing tooth, that missing tooth can be replaced to look very natural with a porcelain bridge.
- Composite Bonding — Chipped teeth and small gaps can be fixed by attaching a resin to the surface of the tooth. This requires minimal drilling and can be a good option for enhancing your smile.
- Porcelain Crowns — Teeth that have sustained a large amount of damage can be replaced by porcelain crowns. These are thicker than veneers and they replace more of the natural tooth than a veneer would. Porcelain crowns can significantly enhance the look and function of your teeth in a short time frame.
- Dental Implants — Dental implants are the ideal option for tooth replacement if you are a good candidate for them. A titanium screw is inserted into your jaw which then functions like the root of the tooth did previously. A crown is then attached to the implant so that it functions very similarly to your natural teeth.
- Tooth Colored Fillings — Most dentists have moved away from amalgam fillings because they composite fillings work just as well and can be matched to the natural color of your teeth. Silver fillings can also be replaced by tooth colored fillings or by a crown to enhance the beauty of your smile.
- Clear Orthodontic Aligners — Clear aligners such as invisalign are very popular because they allow people to straighten their teeth inconspicuously. We offer solutions to people who would like to straighten their teeth without going through the full process of braces.
- Cosmetic Gum Surgery — Changing the gum line can do a lot to change the look of a smile. This is a fairly simple procedure that can quickly enhance the look of your smile.
- Tooth Contouring & Reshaping — A dentist can reshape a tooth fairly easily as long as the anatomy of the tooth allows it. This is a very inexpensive and quick way to improve the appearance of your smile.
Things to Consider About Cosmetic Dentistry
Many of the procedures considered to be cosmetic dentistry require removal of natural teeth or part of the natural tooth. This is not always an ideal scenario. There are often options that can achieve your desired results while keeping your natural teeth.
Dr. Drew always leans toward helping people keep as many of their natural teeth as possible while still accomplishing the patient’s desired look. If you have a certain look that you would like to achieve or if you would like to get some ideas on what can be done to help you be more confident in your smile, call us today at (208)529-0420 to schedule a consultation!