IV Sedation – Idaho Falls, ID
Relax and Enjoy Your Dental Appointments
A dental visit is rarely at the top of the list of fun things to do, however many patients are so fearful or anxious that they avoid dentistry altogether. At Oxford Dental Care of Idaho Falls, we offer IV sedation as a way for patients to overcome their fear and enjoy their dental appointments. Read on to learn more about this amazing dental service.
Why Choose Oxford Dental Care of Idaho Falls for IV Sedation?
- Highly Trained Dentist & Staff
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- Comfortable Office Atmosphere
What is IV Sedation?
IV sedation is the strongest type of sedation that we have to offer. Instead of using a nasal mask or pill, this relaxing medicine is administered directly into the bloodstream via a small tube attached to the hand. Depending on your needs and how you feel, we can adjust your level of sedation throughout the procedure to ensure that you’re always safe and comfortable. During the entire appointment, we will monitor your pulse and blood oxygen levels.
What to Expect with IV Sedation
IV sedation is incredibly fast acting because it takes effect as soon as it enters the bloodstream. While you will remain conscious throughout the procedure, it’s very common to fall asleep. Our sedation dentist in Idaho Falls will be able to wake you with a light tap on the shoulder if we need to communicate. Once your appointment is over, it’s not likely that you will remember what happened. This is a bonus benefit for most patients who are fearful or anxious when it comes to dental care. Because of the strong effects of IV sedation, we ask patients to have a friend or family member take them to and from our practice.
Benefits of IV Sedation
We offer IV sedation in addition to our other options because of its amazing benefits, including:
- Strength: It can calm and relax even the most anxious or fearful patients, allowing them to get the dental care they need and deserve.
- Personalization: The level of your sedation can be adjusted throughout your appointment so you can enjoy a level of comfort that matches your exact needs.
- Side effects: It produces fewer and milder side effects compared to general anesthesia. Plus, it has a faster recovery time.
Who is a Good Candidate for IV Sedation?
IV sedation is great for patients with moderate to severe dental anxiety or fear. However, we also may recommend this form of sedation if:
- You must undergo multiple or extensive dental treatments in one visit
- Other types of sedation aren’t as effective for you
- You have a strong gag reflex
- You have a medical condition that makes it difficult to stay still during treatment
If you want to learn more about IV sedation, or you’d like to schedule a consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact Oxford Dental Care of Idaho Falls today.